An opportunity has arisen for a senior chemist to take the lead within an R&D function of an industry leading specialist manufacturer of polymer materials. You will play a key role in coordinating and delivering technical work programs and projects
You will have a sound understanding of polyurethane chemistry and applications and is able to bring new thinking in these areas.
Works closely with a team of other technical staff and is expected to develop working relationships with operational, commercial, and regulatory colleagues to support delivery of business objectives.
Senior Chemist Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively identify, report on, and improve safety related issues using available tools and systems.
- Responsible for leading and delivering technical programs within defined innovation or support project, including delegation of work to others where required.
- Developments new application data with the support of experienced scientific staff.
- Develop and maintain technology expertise and insight in polyurethane chemistry and applications.
- Support commercial team in the preparation and presentation of technical data to customers.
- Apply a high level of scientific rigor to the analysis and assessment of data and to draw and present conclusions.
- Supporting experienced scientific staff in the competitor and patent watch process.
Senior Chemist Requirements:
- Educated in a technical discipline: Chemistry, Polymer Science/Chemistry.
- At least 5 years' experience. (Either 5 years post degree or 2 years post PhD).
- Possess a broad understanding of the correlation of chemical composition of materials and their applications properties in Polyurethane chemistry.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive, methodical approach to work with a keen eye for detail.
- Competent to work safely in a chemical laboratory without the need for supervision.
- Awareness of good practice in terms of health and safety.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
Salary - £38,000 - £42,000 + Excellent Company Benefits
If you feel you have the skills required for this opportunity and are interested in applying, please get in touch or forward your CV to Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7098
- Posted: 12th October 2021
- Expires: 9th November 2021