An opportunity has arisen for a research technician to join R&D function of an industry leading specialist in polymer materials. You will be based at their facility in Essex and play a pivotal role by supporting the technical R&D team in the effective delivery of technical, projects.
To be successful, you should ideally hold a chemistry, materials science or closely related qualification and possess previous laboratory experience in either a commercial or academic setting and have a keen interest in polymer chemistry.
Research Technician Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in maintaining a clean and safe standard of laboratory housekeeping.
- Prepare and test laboratory samples to support the development of the business.
- Provide practical technical support to Operations and Customers as required.
- Keep detailed records of laboratory work; discuss results with supervisor; write occasional reports.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the Department's application areas.
Research Technician Requirements:
- Educated in a technical discipline: Chemistry, Polymer Science/Chemistry.
- Possess previous technical laboratory experience.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive, methodical approach to work with a keen eye for detail.
- Competent to work safely in a chemical laboratory without the need for supervision.
- Awareness of good practice in terms of health and safety.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
Salary - £22,000 - £26,000 + Excellent Company Benefits
If you feel you have the skills required for this opportunity and are interested in applying, please get in touch or forward your CV to Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7097
- Posted: 12th October 2021
- Expires: 9th November 2021