For the Discovery!
We are Charnwood Molecular, a leading Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing medicinal and synthetic chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemical industries.
Medicinal Chemistry Group Leaders play a key role at Charnwood Molecular, providing strategic direction and technical oversight to our drug discovery project teams. We are looking for highly experienced medicinal chemistry leaders to join us at the Group Leader level at Charnwood Molecular, to lead our project teams in the delivery of our client's projects, applying the latest developments in both synthetic and medicinal chemistry.
What you'll need:
- You will have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with and will be able to provide technical input into both areas of expertise.
- You will have experience of leading project teams in the delivery of small molecule therapeutic agents, gained within a pharmaceutical company or a CRO, with at least 5-10 years of industrial experience.
- You will have experience of working with the different disciplines involved in the drug discovery process, including an understanding of disease biology, biological screening and DMPK, as well as an understanding of their importance to the development of therapeutic agents
- You will be able to work collaboratively with colleagues and cross-functional partners in bioscience, DMPK and Computational Chemistry to develop and implement effective strategies to support our client's drug discovery programmes.
- You will be able to lead by example, proactively mentoring colleagues and supporting them in their professional development.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- You will be highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary and annual performance-related bonus scheme.
- Additional benefits include: pension scheme, healthcare Insurance and counselling services, annual leave, life assurance and critical illness plus fantastic discounts across travel, food & drink and so much more.
- We invest heavily in the professional development of our employees, and if career progression is important to you then opportunities are available.
- We are open to discussing the options for flexible working to deliver a work/life balance that is suited to the needs of the individual.
- Wellbeing initiatives, like cycle to work schemes and mental health first aiders.
?What makes Charnwood Molecular unique is our unrivalled, unwavering passion for the truly ground-breaking science that we facilitate and the trusting relationships we build.?
Prof. Steve Allin, Founder and CEO.
How we recruit:
At Charnwood Molecular we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities that we serve, and to creating an inclusive and flexible workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
- Employer: Charnwood Molecular
Website: Charnwood Molecular
- Updated: 20th June 2022
- Expires: 18th July 2022