Senior Scientist - Global Pharmaceutical company
Contract: 6 months contract
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
SRG are working with a global pharmaceutical company to help them find a Senior scientist to join their busy team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist with some relevant industrial experience.
An exciting opportunity is available for a talented, highly-motivated cell biologist position within the Novel Human Genetics Research Unit. You will be responsible for the conceptual design and lab-based execution of in vitro experiments for target validation and mechanism of action studies to support pipeline projects. You will be responsible for integrating analyses and interpreting the output of these studies.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implementation of experiments in recombinant and primary cellular systems to support target validation and pharmacological characterisation for drug discovery. Including the following;
- Cell culture including maintenance of engineered cell lines and preparation and maintenance of primary cells
- qPCR and protein analysis
- Gene editing using for example CRISPR-based methods
- Western Blotting
- Become a core part of the team with excellent communication skills. Work in a matrix team environment to enable delivery of project and department objectives to the highest possible scientific standards.
- PhD and postdoc, or equivalent experience, in in vitro cellular experiments.
- Demonstrated expertise across a broad range of cellular assay systems, including primary cells and engineered cell lines.
- Experience in a broad range of cellular and molecular biology techniques including cell culture and PCR.
- Track record of applying cellular functional analysis for target validation and pharmacological characterisation.
- Knowledge of pharmacological principles and the ability to interpret the effects of drugs in complex cellular assay systems in terms of a molecular mechanism of action.
To apply click the link or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key words: PCR / Cell Culture / CRISPR / Western Blotting / Genetics / Research
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2162280
- Posted: 12th October 2021
- Expires: 19th October 2021