Job Title: Synthetic Chemist
Location: Northumberland (Relocation options available)
Employment Term: Permanent
SRG are working with a rapidly expanding pharmaceuticals company in Northumberland who work with various forms of pharmaceutical products are looking for synthetic Chemists to join their growing team that works on the improving drug loads from client concepts scaling up manufacture to kilo capacity
The successful Synthetic Chemist will work on a range of organic synthetic compounds to GMP standards, particularly covering a wide range or mechanisms specific to the client's needs and requirements.
* Working on the full synthetic process from start to finish, including synthetic route design and the performance and management of syntheses
* The scale up of synthetic processes, although this will be working with relatively low scales
* In addition to synthetic chemistry, some standard synthesis of non-pharmaceuticals will also be involved
* You will take charge of certain small synthetic projects
* You will also analyse compounds using analytical techniques as required
* This role will be client facing so interpersonal skills and presentation I a must
To be considered for the synthetic Chemist role, you will either:
* Be educated to PhD level with your project focusing on synthetic organic chemistry
* Will have a degree (or equivalent) in chemistry with equivalent time in industry performing organic synthesis, preferably in pharmaceuticals.
It would be a bonus (but is not essential) for you to have experience with:
* Working to GMP standards
* Working with any synthetic chemistry within pharmaceuticals
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Matthew on 0161 868 2205.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161203
- Posted: 12th October 2021
- Expires: 19th October 2021