Temporary positions - £ Competitive
Based in Cambridge
Do you have a background in Biological Sciences?
Would you like to work for a leading and reputable clinical services organisation with ongoing COVID-19 testing projects?
My client is an established and successful clinical services organisation, who are constantly looking to apply new technologies within their molecular diagnostics offering. With a specialist focus across several disease areas including virology, they were well positioned to react to the current pandemic and now have an established portfolio of COVID-19 tests. As a result, they are looking to expand their team further through bringing on board a number of Laboratory Technicians, who will support their ongoing COVID-19 service offering.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an accredited, and well renowned molecular diagnostics laboratory, whilst working with likeminded Laboratory Technicians and Biomedical Scientists.
Key Responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician will include;
- Receiving, labelling and sorting clinical samples, in line with strict laboratory regulations.
- Efficient and accurate logging of samples into the Lab systems.
- Timely processing of samples for analysis.
- Ensure compliance with Laboratory Practices.
- Maintenance, calibration and upkeep of laboratory and specialised equipment.
- Data generation, input, and review.
To be considered for this Laboratory Technician vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc/MSc in Life Sciences (Biomedical Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Infectious Disease etc.) or equivalent working experience.
- Demonstratable understanding of laboratory processes and Health & Safety.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail in order to record laboratory data accurately.
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues.
- Previous experience working within an industry/COVID-19 laboratory environment is preferable.
- Beneficial - Experience working within an ISO 15189 accredited and/or BSL2 laboratory environment.
Key Words "Laboratory Technician, Lab Tech, Clinical Samples, Lab Samples, COVID-19, Virology, Immunology, Biomedical Science, Cambridge"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J2162222
- Posted: 11th October 2021
- Expires: 8th November 2021