Head of Pharmaceutical Development
Competitive Salary and Benefits Dependent on Experience
A relocation package is available for the successful candidate
A global pharmaceutical company in the Glasgow area are looking for a Head of Pharmaceutical Development to lead and drive their dynamic Pharmaceutical Development team of 12 scientists. The successful candidate will represent Pharmaceutical Development in the Pharmaceutical Product Development management team. The role reports directly to the Associate Vice President within the Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development Group. This group develops products in Reproductive Medicine and Maternal Health, Gastroenterology and Uro-immunology. Helping people lead better lives.
As a Head of Pharmaceutical Development you will be responsible for a variety of duties, including;
- Manage of a team with a variety of technical expertise, developing their performance, learning and capabilities, and creating an environment of continuous improvement.
- Manage a pharmaceutical R&D team developing and implementing a variety of pharmaceutical processing methods such as HME and injection moulding.
- Lead the preparation of clinical trials IMP.
- Lead the development, validation and application of methods according to GMP in collaboration with QA.
- Provide formulation expertise to the Pharmaceutical Development team.
- Support the preparation of regulatory documents.
- Represent the department in external collaborations e.g. universities and global and local internal meetings
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience;
- Proven experience within an industrial pharmaceutical process role
- Proven skills in pre-formulation, dosage form design.
- Experienced in pharmaceutical GXP regulated work.
- People management experience.
- A minimum of degree level in Engineering, Science, or Pharmaceutical Science or equivalent relevant scientific subject. PhD qualification preferable.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presenting skills in English.
- A collaborative and enthusiastic personality with an ability to work in a dynamic environment.
If you are a looking to further develop yourself in a Head of Pharmaceutical Development role, please apply online.
Any queries can be directed to Luke on 0141 225 5457 or email@example.com
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161355
- Posted: 11th October 2021
- Expires: 8th November 2021