CK Group are recruiting for a Chemist on behalf of a global manufacturer of chemical products, to be based at their site in Darlington on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for supporting with the manufacture of chemical products, and assisting with the scale-up process of product development. You will oversee and improve quality control methods to ensure that raw materials and finished products meet specification.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out physical, chemical, and analytical testing of raw materials and finished products
- Releasing batches of product that have passed Quality Control (QC) testing
- Assisting the process of manufacturing scale-up of products that are in development
- Assisting in the resolution of technical and quality issues in production.
- Ensuring the transfer of newly developed analytical methods, in collaboration with the R&D team.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis of various materials and products. This will include material sampling, QC analysis and analysis in support of production.
- Preparation of quality reports, including analytical reports (for raw materials and finished products) and Certificates of Analysis
- Assessment of alternative raw materials
- Calibration of laboratory equipment
To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to BSc (or possess an equivalent amount of experience) in Chemistry or another relevant scientific subject
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment in industry
- Good understanding of analytical chemistry
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 51866.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sarah Farrow
- Phone: 0191 384 8906
- Reference: 51866
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 8th October 2021
- Expires: 5th November 2021