Graduate Development Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Degree in Chemistry essential, with some work experience - scientific or otherwise.
Graduate Development Chemist
£24,000 - £28,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a highly successful chemical manufacturer, who produce a wide range of colour products for speciality applications. As a result of internal promotion, the company is now looking for a Graduate Development Chemist to join the R&D team - this will involve developing and improving synthetic processes, analysing raw materials to ensure quality and fit for purpose and scaling up new/improved processes to plant. We are keen to speak to recent Chemistry graduates who have also built up some work experience in any environment - this could be in the chemical industry or even hospitality, retail or customer service. An interest in organic synthesis and/or colour chemistry is beneficial but not essential.
Benefits: You will join a really supportive team in a fantastic company, who are about to move into brand new lab facilities. Full training and mentorship will be provided. Annual company bonus, company pension scheme and on-site canteen facilities. 35 working hours, Monday-Friday, with flexible start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Developing new processes and improving existing processes for synthesis of products at lab scale
- Scaling up processes to pilot plant and full-scale plant, supporting operators with new process instructions
- Supervising plant trials of new/improved processes, troubleshooting as needed
- Creating specifications for raw materials
- Analysing raw materials using HPLC, UV-Vis, TLC and Ion Chromatography to ensure these meet specifications and are fit for purpose
- Liaising with new and existing suppliers to solve issues with raw materials
- Interfacing with QC and Technical Service teams as necessary
- Degree in Chemistry
- Work experience gained alongside or after university from any industry - this could be in the chemical sector or even hospitality, retail, customer service, etc.
- Experience of working on a project involving organic synthesis or analytical chemistry preferred
- Interest in organic or colour chemistry beneficial but not essential
- Confident communicator with good problem-solving skills
- Driving licence preferred
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.comto view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: graduate, chemistry, degree, BSc, MChem, colour, organic, synthesis, synthetic, HPLC, UV-Vis, process development, process improvement, scale up, pilot plant
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2162244
- Updated: 12th October 2021
- Expires: 9th November 2021