Regulatory Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring experience and understanding of REACH chemical compliance and some experience of working with or producing Safety Data Sheets
Title: Regulatory Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £27,000 - £33,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a highly successful chemical manufacturer, who produce a wide range of colour products for speciality applications. As a result of growth and upcoming regulatory changes, they are now looking for a Regulatory Chemist to join the Technical team and support the Technical Manager with regulatory compliance projects. This will involve REACH registration of products, generating SDS and helping the business align to customer, industry and geographic regulatory requirements. The would be a brilliant opportunity for a detail-oriented, degree-qualified Chemist who has experience with REACH and a good understanding of safety data sheets.
Benefits: You will join a dynamic company who have tripled their turnover in the last 4 years and plan to move to brand new premises in early 2021. Access to internal and external training. Annual company bonus, company pension scheme and on-site canteen facilities. 35 working hours, Monday-Friday, with flexible start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Collating and preparing technical data and dossiers for UK REACH registration of products
- Ensuring products are compliant with industry-specific and country-specific regulations and standards
- Generating and reviewing supplier and customer questionnaires on compliance and requirements respectively
- Generating Safety Data Sheets for chemical products, checking for errors and inconsistencies
- Recording technical data of material volumes and lab data for import and export documentation
- Using Microsoft Excel and other specialist software to collate, record and process technical data
- Undertaking technical work as necessary to generate data needed for recertifications
- Supporting the Technical Manager as needed with document control and product stewardship
- Experience with REACH chemical regulations - organisation of dossiers, submissions, registrations, etc.
- Degree in Chemistry or similar
- Experience and understanding of Safety Data Sheets relating to chemicals or chemical products preferable
- Methodical and organised in approach, with meticulous attention to detail
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.comto view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: REACH, SDS, Safety Data Sheet, MSDS, Material Safety Data Sheet, TDS, Technical Data Sheet, regulatory, regulation, compliance, chemical safety, product safety, product steward, product stewardship, chemistry, chemical
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2162243
- Updated: 12th October 2021
- Expires: 9th November 2021