CK Group are recruiting for a Analytical Scientist in Microbial Process in a leading drug discovery business, at their state-of-the-art facilities located in Slough on an initial 12 month contract.
Up to £24.25 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Analytical Scientist Role:
- Collaborate with various process scientists (upstream and downstream) and analytical scientists as well as research and clinical manufacturing groups.
- Utilize knowledge from molecular biology, biochemical engineering, microbial process development, statistics, and cellular metabolism to aid in process development and optimization of upstream processes producing protein therapeutics.
- Performing microbial process development experiments for the improvement of existing processes at lab and pilot scale (from 250mL to 200L).
- Identifying scale-up challenges and developing robust processes for tech transfer to manufacturing scale.
- Trending and analysing laboratory data and present results to line manager, Upstream team and at internal meetings.
- Demonstrated expertise in the operation of lab and pilot scale microbial processes, including the use of various bioreactor systems and relevant operating control software.
- Ability to design and perform process development experiments as well as excellent data interpretation, drawing of conclusions and proposals for further work.
- Ability to author comprehensive and accurate protocols, reports and SOPs.
- Experience with high throughput technologies, automation, miniaturisation, statistics and/or programming is preferred as well as experience in cGMP and large-scale manufacturing equipment and practices and with the transfer of technology to cGMP operations is preferred.
- A sound understanding of E.coli physiology is preferred
Our client is in the business of improving the lives of patients around the globe with a particular focus on neurology and immunology-based diseases.
This position will be based on our client?s site in Slough.
For more information or to apply for this Analytical Scientist position, please contact the Key Accounts Team on 01438 870011 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 51836.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Lucy Stendall
- Phone: 01246 457733
- Reference: 51836
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 6th October 2021
- Expires: 3rd November 2021