CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Research Biologist to join a to join a global biopharmaceutical company, based in Slough on a contract basis initially for 12 months
£24.25 per hour PAYE
Senior Research Biologist Role:
- Developing complex human multi-cell type assays
- Using a range of scientific competencies, develop relevant assays for: drug mechanism of action and functional investigation; drug combination screening; clinically-relevant biomarker discovery
- Investigate the mechanism of action of a drug, its downstream functional effects, synergy with other oncology drugs and to identify gene-expression and proteomic biomarkers of target engagement which are applicable to the clinical trial
- Use of 3D cell culture, flow cytometry and/or fluorescence imaging, phospho-signalling, gene expression and protein biomarker analysis techniques
- Experience in human cancer cell biology, particularly in investigating interactions between tumour and stromal cells in the cancer microenvironment
- History of successful development of human tumour cell culture assays to model the cancer microenvironment (in 2D or 3D) and application of these to anti-cancer drug testing.
- Significant expertise in flow cytometry or imaging-based proliferation /apoptosis assays and phospho-signalling
- Molecular biology expertise including RT-PCR and RNA isolation for RNAseq analysis
- Competent in using plate-based assay platforms such as ELISA/MSD for protein biomarker analysis
Our clients is focused on creating value for people living with severe diseases in immunology and neurology and more.
This Senior Research Biologist role will be based at our clients site in Slough, Berkshire
For more information, please contact the Key Account Team on 01438 870011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 51837.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natasha Young
- Phone: 01246 457722
- Reference: 51837
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 6th October 2021
- Expires: 3rd November 2021