CK Science are recruiting for a Graduate Chemist to join a metals and materials recycling company based near Matlock on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is produces recycled lead and they are certified to ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 as well as having rigorous health, safety and environmental policies. The company uses leading edge technologies through its processing operations, combining energy efficiency, good productivity and high environmental standards. They now have a requirement for a chemistry graduate to join the team and are able to offer a salary of £20,000 per annum depending on experience, as well as 25 days holiday, death in service cover, bonus scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, physiotherapy benefit, and an early finish on a Friday. Reporting into the Senior Chemist, you will assist with carrying out the company?s environmental and workplace hygiene monitoring program, day to day laboratory work including preparation, operation and cleaning of laboratory glassware and equipment, the sampling of air emissions from site, the collection and analysis of water samples and the monitoring of workplace atmospheres.
This Graduate Chemist role is located in near Matlock and is easily commutable by road from Derby, Chesterfield, Sheffield and surrounding areas. Please note the ability to drive with own transport is essential in order to reach site.
Graduate Chemist Role:
our main duties will be:
- Collection of effluent samples for testing from the Aquamatic sampler
- Regular monitoring of emissions to air and water, involving sampling, standard preparation and analysis
- Performing analysis using modern instrumental techniques such as Inductively Coupled Plasma, X-ray Florescence and Optical Emission Spectroscopy
- Sample preparation and analysis of raw materials, reagents and products
- To accurately record and collate data and produce appropriate spreadsheets and graphs where necessary
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Chemistry - essential
- Keen interest in science, technology and the environment
- Excellent degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and ideally experience of using the laboratory techniques described above
- Must have the ability to drive and hold a current driving licence - essential
For more information or to apply for this Graduate Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 51845.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51845
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 6th October 2021
- Expires: 3rd November 2021