GRADUATE LIFE SCIENCES OPPORTUNITY
We are currently working an exclusive project and looking for a number of Scientists to be a part of an expanding team for a healthcare and diagnostics company in the Middlesex area. You will ideally be able to start immediately or on short notice. These positions will also include shift work up between the hours 08:00 - 00:00.
As the Scientist, you will be involved in performing assays for assessing the presence of SARS-COV-2 in human biological specimens. This will include preparing samples, following SOPs and working in a Biosafety Level 2 laboratory.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for reconciling the human biological specimens delivered with the specimen manifest from the Clinical team according to the safety guidelines and relevant procedures.
2. You will perform viral inactivation, relevant sample preparation, extraction and PCR assay according to test procedures and then review test results against Quality Control data, tracks and records data and results in the appropriate LIMS database or relevant IT system.
3. You will follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Risk Assessments as applicable, ensure timely and accurate completion of all paperwork as well as strictly adhere to BSL 2 precautions in the laboratory.
4. As both the Scientist, you will be working in a fast paced environment and communicating across a cross-organisational team so you need to be able to work collaboratively and in a matrix.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc, MSc or PhD in a biological subject and some experience working in a laboratory is required.
2. You will need to have experience in RNA extractions and PCR assays and handling human biological specimens. You will also have experience using LIMS and other IT platforms to log, collate and track the status of your specimens.
Key Words: Scientist | Biological Science | Molecular Biology | PCR | RNA | GxP | Biochemistry | Diagnostics | Healthcare | Life Science
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5635315
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 6th October 2021
- Expires: 3rd November 2021