Research Assistant - Biomedical Science
Permanent position - £23,000 annually
Based in Central London
Do you have a background in Biological Sciences and prior experience working within a laboratory environment?
Would you like to work for a leading clinical development organisation with an extensive portfolio of virology, immunology and COVID-19 projects?
Through their specialised clinical trial platform, my client plays a key role in drug and vaccine development across a range of infectious and respiratory diseases. Their state of the art clinical and laboratory facilities are based in Central London, where they are looking to bring on board a Research Assistant - Biomedical Science to support the processing and analysis of clinical trial samples, running of scientific assays and data analysis.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of driven scientists within a highly specialised virology and immunology laboratory, playing a key role in drug discovery and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Research Assistant - Biomedical Science will include;
- Receipt and timely processing of clinical samples, in line with strict laboratory regulations.
- Conduct Viral, Molecular and Immunological specific assays e.g. qPCR, rtPCR, tissue culture, plaque and infectivity assays, ELISA, ELISPOT etc.
- Ensure compliance to Good Clinical Practice (GcP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory standards.
- Support the maintenance and upkeep of the laboratory and specialised equipment.
- Data generation, input and review.
- Proactively review the schedule and ensure that all assigned tasks are completed, raising concerns to the leadership team.
- Support senior scientists and clinical research colleagues in the planning and delivery of clinical studies.
To be considered for this Research Assistant - Biomedical Science vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc/MSc in Life Sciences (Biomedical Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Infectious Disease etc.) or equivalent working experience.
- Demonstratable understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GcP) or GxP and Laboratory Biosafety (BLS2 is preferable).
- Previous experience working within a regulated laboratory environment is strongly preferable.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail in order to record and prepare laboratory and study data accurately.
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues.
- Beneficial - Experience working within a GcP/GxP laboratory.
Key Words "Research Assistant, RA, Research Associate, Laboratory Technician, Clinical Trial, Virology, Immunology, Biomedical Science, qPCR, rtPCR, tissue culture, plaque assay, infectivity assay, ELISA, ELISPOT, Good Clinical Practice, GcP, GxP, BSL2, BSL3, London"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J2162153
- Posted: 5th October 2021
- Expires: 2nd November 2021