A rapidly expanding spin-out company is currently recruiting for a Project Assistant to join its team in Cambridge, on a permanent basis. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic, stemming from plant-based protein - a first of its kind in industry.
As Project Assistant, you will work closely with the Research Manager supporting UK grant funded projects whilst having the ability to also help maintain ISO 9001 &14001 standards within the workplace. You will possess a degree qualification (BSc/MSc) in Chemistry (or life sciences) and can bring previous experience working with grant awarding bodies - particularly Innovate UK.
Project Assistant responsibilities
- Delivering projects within specified budget, quality and programme criteria.
- Supporting the Research Manager in maintaining ISO 9001 & 14001 accreditation, liaising with the technical team in completing necessary documentation
- Supporting the Research Manager in compiling new grant applications. Preparing quarterly grant reports.
- Assisting in producing technical reports & presentation slides
- Supporting Project Managers with administrative tasks and other duties
Project Assistant requirements
- A degree level qualification (BSc/MSc) in chemistry or a life sciences study.
- Experience of collaborative working between operation and technical teams.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft programmes including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and other desktop and data applications
- The ability to work efficiently, multitask and be a team player.
- Previous experience with grant awarding bodies, particularly Innovate UK would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to take initiative and adapt writing styles to suit different audiences.
- An individual with a can-do attitude who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
In return, there is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to join a progressive business who are leading the way on innovation and development of alternative plastic materials. £Comp + company benefits
Innovate UK/Project Management/ISO/9001/14001
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7088
- Updated: 19th October 2021
- Expires: 16th November 2021