CK Group are recruiting for a Field Chemist on behalf of a leading provider of support services to the oil industry, based out of their site in Aberdeen, on a permanent basis.
The role will involve working offshore on an ad-hoc basis, and the salary will be supplemented by a daily off-shore allowance.
You will be responsible for;
- Carrying out production chemistry trips offshore.
- Sampling, sample preparation and analysis.
- Producing on-site documentation on behalf of the client.
- Establishing key laboratory techniques and understanding relevant to Oil in Water and Scale Squeeze trips.
- Undertaking Oil in Water sampling and analysis, including calibrations.
- Undertaking basic sediment & water (BS&W) and density and chloride (Mohr titration) analyses.
- Carrying out field service equipment checks.
You will also carry out support roles including:
- Production and integrity assurance / microbiological offshore trips (micro surveys / dissolved 02 surveys).
- Providing lab support to microbiology and production chemistry.
- Collection of potable water and diesel samples.
To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience;
- Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant chemistry based subject.
- Experience of using a range of analytical techniques.
- Safety conscious approach to work.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
Previous experience of working in a commercial laboratory would be highly beneficial for this position, although not essential as full training will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global organisation with a commitment to staff development. The company provide recognised training and structured progression pathways.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or email email@example.com.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sarah Farrow
- Phone: 0191 384 8906
- Reference: 51829
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 5th October 2021
- Expires: 2nd November 2021