Scientist/Senior Scientist - Molecular Diagnostics
Competitive salary & benefits
SRG is delighted to be supporting the ongoing growth of one of our Medical Technology clients with their search for an experienced Scientist and Senior Scientist. Working as part of their Cambridge based team, you will be supporting the molecular diagnostics and analysis of samples from the patient clinical trials.
The company is seeking a driven and experienced individual to support their ongoing development of medical devices and tests for the detection and diagnosis of colorectal cancer types.
* Play a pivotal role in the delivery of molecular diagnostics assays and NGS technologies
* Manage projects to develop and drive the commercial launch of novel diagnostic platforms
* Liaise closely with external clinical trial teams to receive and biobank clinical samples
* Perform DNA, RNA extractions, manage and store biobank clinical samples
* Play a leading role in the development and testing of new detection technology including NGS technologies
* Ongoing sample stability testing, performance analysis and assay validation
* Design, develop and test new diagnostic assays
* Provide regular research and project updates to the senior leadership team
Ideal candidates will hold a PhD or equivalent in a relevant life sciences subject, with proven industrial experience in NGS technologies and good molecular biology techniques. Experience of molecular diagnostics, biomarkers identification and epigenetics of cancer is essential. Experience of supporting clinical trials and processing clinical biobank samples would be an advantage.
In addition to your strong technical skills, candidates must demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills and have previous experience of developing cross-functional relations with internal and external stakeholders.
To discuss this position further, please get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223607853.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161266
- Updated: 18th October 2021
- Expires: 15th November 2021