CK Group is recruiting for a Quality Technician to join a company in the coatings industry at their site based in Hertfordshire on a full time, permanent basis. This role offers a salary of £21,000- 25,000 depending on experience.
Our client is a world-class manufacturer of polishing compounds & surface finishing solutions sold to over 120 countries.
Quality Assurance Technician:
Your main duties will be:
Provide support to the Technical department and company as a whole to ensure quality standards are achieved and continually improved.
- Devise and write up effective testing procedures for the approval of the Quality Control Manager and store centrally.
- Test the quality of incoming raw materials and finished goods across all areas of the business. Maintain written and computerised test data.
- Demonstrate reliable continuous improvements to testing procedures.
- Maintain the storage of retained samples.
- Liaise with production on test results and document test data.
- Assist in centralising formulas and test data, technical data sheets etc.
- Write standard operating procedures, (SOPs) where necessary and when required for the Technical Department.
- To ensure the effective day-to-day operation of the Quality Assurance laboratory and its equipment in conjunction with the Quality Control Manager.
- Ensure the laboratory environment is safe and provide recommendations for improving safety.
- Provide support to the R&D team by operating analysis laboratory equipment when required.
- Assist manufacturing efforts as directed by the QA manager.
- Assist with customer complaint investigations and recording findings
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- Chemistry qualification would be advantage but not essential.
- Experience working in a chemical environment.
- Quality testing experience.
- Good analytical skills.
- Microsoft Office Excel.
- Experience in report writing and standard operating procedure
- Knowledge of Health & Safety standards and procedures.
- Good attention to detail.
- Be flexible, adaptable and proactive in your approach to tasks given.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 51462.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51462
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 4th October 2021
- Expires: 1st November 2021