A sustainable, specialty chemical company who operate within the food sector are looking for a Product Development and Application Chemist team on a permanent basis. Our client is looking for a practically minded, hands-on scientist with experience of planning and conducting experiments, operating pilot scale test rigs and equipment, supporting the lab team with analysis and mechanical assembly of rigs and equipment.
A key element of this role will be supporting customer trials in conjunction with the customer facing, technical team. This will involve operation of test rigs to produce product for trials, transport of trial equipment, operating equipment at customer sites and supporting application in food manufacturing environments.
To be successful you should hold a chemistry related degree and possess previous experience planning and conducting experiments at a pilot scale ensuring meticulous data collection, recording and analysis.
- Support the lab and product development teams with sampling and analysis.
- Management of IBC stock including filling and shipment for trials at customer sites and waste management
- Support product trials at customer facilities including transportation of trials equipment and delivery of product at customer sites.
- Workshop experience supporting mechanical build of equipment and test rigs.
- Maintenance and calibration of test equipment including pumps, pipe work, sensors etc
- Provide regular project updates on progress to the line manager as required.
- Hold a chemistry or closely related degree.
- Possess previous experience planning and conducting experiments at a pilot scale ensuring meticulous data collection, recording and analysis.
- Industrial experience preferably within the chemicals or related industry
- Experience handling and utilising chemical products.
- A self-reliant, results orientated, energetic, flexible individual with a strong attention to detail and team working ethos
- Keen to learn new skills and develop within the role and organisation
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Benefits: Bonus scheme - Up to 5% matched contributions pension scheme - 25 days annual leave + Banks - Excellent learning and development opportunities in a fast-growing organisation
Role: Full Time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7086
- Posted: 1st October 2021
- Expires: 29th October 2021