A growing FMCG manufacturer requires a Cleaning Operative to join its team. Your role will be to maintain and enhance hygiene standards across the site. To be considered you must have previous experience in cleaning. Any experience of working in a regulated environment or knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies would be an advantage.
This is a permanent role, 7am - 3pm.
* To maintain and enhance hygiene standards across site on a day-to-day basis through effective cleaning of communal areas - toilets, reception, changing rooms, rest areas, offices, external areas and operational areas as required.
* Sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floors.
* Emptying general, recycling and hazardous waste bins, servicing toilets and wiping down communal surfaces.
* Tackle heavy cleaning jobs upon request.
* Ensure external areas remains clean and free of debris, in winter spreading salt on icy ground as required.
* Notify maintenance management of any repairs required.
* Mix, use, store and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately.
* To ensure all activities comply to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practises) and 5S standards.
* Ensure health and safety standards are always maintained, especially correct use of protective equipment. Any hazards or near misses must be reported immediately.
* Highlight, communicate and resolve any daily issues with the relevant employees.
* Recording completion as per daily cleaning schedules.
* Replenish clean overalls and organize the transfer of dirty laundry.
* Maintain stocks of PPE and disposables and ensure availability to all departments.
* Work safely within the COSHH guidelines and follow the appropriate training.
* Ensure the transfer of waste from above mentioned areas is disposed regularly ensuring waste segregation and correct recycling procedures are followed.
* Will complete any and all training related to this role.
* Coordinate weekly stock take.
* Safe floor cleaning machine use.
Qualifications and Skills required:
* High level Safety and Quality focus
* Highly motivated, confident and determined
* Excellent communication skills
* Effective organisation skills with the ability to resolve problems
* Basic written and spoken English; it is expected that the individual will have a good attention to detail.
* Proven working experience as a cleaner
* Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
* Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
* An excellent understanding of Health and Food Safety
* Experience of working in a hygiene environment
* Able to work, engage and communicate effectively
* Computer literate to basic level (Microsoft Office)
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7080
- Posted: 1st October 2021
- Expires: 29th October 2021