An emerging medical sample testing laboratory based in Guildford is currently recruiting for a Graduate Biologist to join their team as a PCR Technician. You will perform PCR assays using SOPs whilst following strict GLP standards in the workplace.
This role will suit a recent Life Sciences graduate that is immediately available to kick start their career within industry.
Work hours will be 5pm-12 midnight Monday to Friday due to the laboratory needing to turnaround samples and results to clients swiftly.
Due to the location of the facility you will require your own tranpsort.
PCR Technician responsibilities
- Perform PCR assays using SOPs
- Data analysis and resulting
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly lab and equipment maintenance
- Reagent preparation
- Track inventory and re-stock supplies as needed
- Prepare outgoing shipments
- Train incoming technicians on all processes and procedures according to SOPs and GLP standards
PCR Technician requirements
- Possess a degree qualification in a Life Sciences subject - Biology/Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Biomedical
- Ideally demonstrate practical or theortical PCR experience - either in an industrial lab or academic.
- Goal orientated, proactive and dynamic
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to use computer systems and software
- Proficient in Apple/PC systems, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficient in basic lab practice
- Ensure staff maintain compliance in accordance with ISO-15189
- Ability to follow, update and complete SOP's
£24k + excellent company benefits
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7023
- Posted: 1st October 2021
- Expires: 29th October 2021