A market leading coatings manufacturing business is currently recruiting for a Production Technician to join its team based in Newhaven on a permanent basis. As Production Technician, you will play an important role in operating key pieces of the plant to production parts whilst having the ability to support R&D activities to further develop coating products.
Production Technician responsibilities
- Operating key pieces of plant to process production parts to achieve desired level of quality. This includes etching of coated parts using plasma reactors, operation of mixing equipment and preparation of raw materials.
- Conducting practical experiments in support of R&D activities to further develop coating products.
- Running of practical experiments/trials in support of process development investigations in conjunction with the manufacturing engineering team.
- Inspection of production parts to specification (this is not dimensional inspection) but may require operation of analytical instruments as well as carrying out visual checks.
- Work with quality and safety system documentation including standard operating procedures, test plans/specifications, non-conformance reporting, risk assessments, COSHH/MSDS.
- Take an active part in continuous improvement projects to improve safety, quality, operational efficiency, and expansion plans.
Production Technician requirements
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly regulated production environment, coupled with knowledge working in a laboratory.
- Able to plan effectively and organise resources.
- Technical and practical experience of operating complex pieces of industrial and laboratory equipment.
- Be able to read drawings, and work from technical specifications and quality documentation.
- Able to work within a close-knit team.
£Comp + excellent company benefits.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7081
- Posted: 1st October 2021
- Expires: 29th October 2021