This is a great opportunity for an experienced scientist looking to make a move away from the laboratory and into a customer oriented role.
We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist with a background in Chemistry join a global life sciences company based in the Renfrewshire area. As the Technical Application Scientist you will be responsible for providing pre- and post-sales technical support of chemical products directly to customers and field personnel, as well as relaying customer feedback to the organization.
The successful candidate will also be fluent in an additional language - French, German, Spanish or Italian.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Application Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide technical support for chemical products by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web form.
2. Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources and escalate issues or problems when warranted.
3. Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
4. Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
5. Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ\'s and troubleshooting guides.
6. Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information.
7. Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Application Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences related discipline, eg. biochemistry, chemistry, biological sciences. In addition, you must be able to demonstrate significant hands on lab experience with a range of chemistry techniques including wet chemistry techniques, HPLC, UPLC, liquid chromatography.
2. Previous customer facing experience would be beneficial.
3. You must be fluent in English. The successful candidate will also be fluent in an additional language - French, German, Spanish or Italian.
Key Words: Technical Application Support | Chemistry | Biochemistry | HPLC | UPLC
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5635261
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 30th September 2021
- Expires: 28th October 2021