Applications Scientist required based in North Cheshire. Requiring experience in microbiology, biotechnology or a related life sciences discipline. Experience of carrying out microbiology tests is highly desirable.
Title: Applications Scientist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
SRG is working with a market leading global chemicals producer who continue to succeed and strengthen their delivery of innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world's largest brands. They are currently seeking an Applications Scientist to join their Biotechnology/Microbiology team at their site in North Cheshire, whilst also working closely with the Home Care Research and Development team. This role will be supporting in the development and launch of a new range of products whilst delivering sustainability targets.
Benefits: You will join a welcoming and growing team within a global leader in the production of specialist chemicals, with access to share incentive plans. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm (flexibility required)
- Carrying out microbiological work to support in the development of new products
- Applying standard test procedures including culture development, enumeration, strain identification and stability testing
- Developing and validating new test methods
- Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology or similar
- Proven experience of carrying out test methods including culture development, enumeration, strain identification and stability testing
- Any experience of broth dilution and antimicrobial susceptibility tests is highly desirable
- Experience of method development and validation in microbiology is also desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Complex problem solving skills and adaptability
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords:microbiology, bacteria, sustainability, probiotic, microbial cleaning, homecare, biotechnology, culture screening, test methods, culture development, enumeration, strain identification, stability testing, microbes, microbial, microbiologist, cultivation, manipulation, bacillus species, quantify bacteria, surface cleaning, broth dilution, antimicrobial, antimicrobial susceptibility tests, light microscopy, fluorescence microscopy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161029
- Posted: 30th September 2021
- Expires: 28th October 2021