CK Science are recruiting for a R&D Technician to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based in Preston, on a full time, permanent basis.
An established chemical manufacturing company primarily focusing on sealants and adhesives, our client has a number of offices within the UK.
This role is based in Preston with excellent transport links. It is located close to the A59 and M6 and approx. 30 minutes walk from Preston Train Station.
Your main duties will be to:
Undertake equipment calibrations; control external service contracts; source new equipment (as required); maintain laboratory equipment (as appropriate); conduct department H&S audits and checks and control the annual internal accreditation testing.
- To maintain stock levels for the various materials including the organisation of the department\'s various storage areas
- Undertake technical investigations in response to customer enquiries and manufacturing requests.
- To assist the Project Leaders in the delivery of product research and development outcomes in accordance with Sika\'s Product Creation Process (PCP).
- Take the lead on selected projects and present results accordingly.
- To contribute positively to the image and perception of Sika Research and Development. Helping to generate a culture where innovation, creativity and continuous improvement prevails.
- To accurately record and analyse all data in accordance with the department?s procedures and protocols. This includes maintaining confidentiality as appropriate and safeguarding Sika\'s intellectual property.
- To work in accordance with the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) policies and procedures of both the business and the R&D department
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to Degree level in Chemistry, Polymers or Materials Science.
- Has experience of working in a laboratory environment with product development.
- Experience of working within cross functional teams according to agreed timelines.
- Time management: ability to multitask, plan and coordinate multiple ongoing product developments.
- Self-motivated, resilient, and self-reliant
- Competent report writer, able to handle complex data, deliver reports and give presentations.
- Positive team contributor who can develop strong working relationships with all colleagues.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this position, please contact the Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 51750.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51750
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 29th September 2021
- Expires: 27th October 2021