CK Science are recruiting for a R&D Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based in Preston, on a full time, permanent basis.
An established chemical manufacturing company primarily focusing on sealants and adhesives, our client has a number of offices within the UK.
This role is based in Preston with excellent transport links. It is located close to the A59 and M6 and approx. 30 minutes walk from Preston Train Station.
The main duties will be to
- Delivery of new products and projects in accordance with Sika\'s Product Creation Process (PCP).
- Ensuring new developments meet market requirements and standards.
- Collaboration with other global Coatings centres and overseas partners.
- Working closely with all other key departments to maintain existing product range and bring new products to the market e.g. Marketing, Product Management, Quality Dept, Operations, Sales, Applications & Technical Teams.
- Work in accordance with Health and Safety (EHS) policies, product safety regulations and quality systems (e.g. ISO9001) of both the business and the R&D department.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to Degree level in Chemistry, Polymers or Materials Science.
- Has at least 3 years? experience of working in a laboratory environment with product development and formulating experience of surface coatings and adhesives.
- Experience of project management and progression of projects within cross functional teams according to agreed timelines.
- Time management: ability to multitask, plan and coordinate multiple ongoing product developments.
- Excellent communicator
- Self-motivated, resilient, and self-reliant
- Experienced report writer, competent in handing complex data, delivering reports and presentations.
- Positive team contributor who can develop strong working relationships with all colleagues.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 51694.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51694
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 29th September 2021
- Expires: 27th October 2021