CK Group are recruiting for an Assistant Technical Coordinator to join a waste management company at their site based in Sheffield, on a full time permanent basis.
Our client is a leading UK waste and resource management organisation, part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Their vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future. They operate over 200 facilities in the UK and employ around 2,500 employees.
This role is located in Sheffield and is easily accessible by good road networks as well as via local public transport.
Assistant Technical Coordinator Role:
The Assistant Technical Coordinator will assist the Commercial Team with the technical assessment of enquiries, the preparation of transportation documentation, the collation of data for site records and the preparation of data for invoicing. As well as using chemical hazard and properties information you should be able to understand complex legal documents. Working both as part of a small team under supervision and alone managing your workload, you will need excellent communication skills with a flexible attitude to work to cover peak times.
Duties will be to:
· Ensure that technical control activities are carried out and conform to legal requirements and good practice. This will involve interpreting waste data to determine composition and identify safe handling and disposal, advising staff of any risks; gathering information from waste producers and customers to make valid judgement of waste composition to accurately price.
· Negotiation with suppliers of waste management services to control costs to meet EBITDA targets.
· Develop working relationship with customers to meet site revenue targets.
· Advise customers on waste regulations, safe packaging and handling.
· Be fully aware of planning consents and Environmental Permits of three local sites.
· Assist in the implementation of Health and Safety and statutory regulations.
· Assist in the management of waste collection vehicles including preparing documentation.
· Manage and ensure that movement of waste to other disposal facilities conform to legal requirements and are at costs within budgeted expenditure.
· A degree or equivalent in Chemistry ? essential.
· Hazardous Waste treatment industry or chemical industry experience advantageous.
· COTC in Hazardous Treatment required or will need to be achieved.
· Knowledge of transport of hazardous goods an advantage.
· Confident using MS Office.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 51367.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51367
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 29th September 2021
- Expires: 27th October 2021