A growing diagnostics company has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Biologist to join its research team. You will primarily support with ELISA based projects, supporting the delivery of R&D team targets by completing experimental work on multiple live projects. To be considered, you must have previous experience in running ELISA in an industrial lab and hold a relevant scientific degree.
The purpose of the Graduate Biologist role is to support the delivery of R&D team targets by completing experimental work on multiple live projects. Success in these projects will ultimately lead to release of new products to market as well as improvement to current products and processes.
Graduate Biologist Responsibilities:
- The running and interpretation of ELISA as assigned.
- Recording of experiments and resulting data.
- Performing analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE and Western blot.
- Carrying out equipment calibrations.
- Communication of findings to other members of the R&D team.
- Maintaining stocks of critical R&D components.
- Coating of ELISA plates
- To assist in production and QC as required by the business.
Minimum BSc in relevant scientific discipline.
- Knowledge of ELISA gained from academia or industry.
- Experience in analytical techniques is desirable.
- Experience in industry would be advantageous.
- Aptitude towards problem solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Good time management.
- Capability of designing, performing and summarising experiments.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
Salary - £22-27k + Excellent Company Benefits including Bonus, Pension, 25 Days Holiday
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 9017
- Posted: 28th September 2021
- Expires: 26th October 2021