Role: Head of Scientific Support & Development
CPL Life Sciences is collaborating with a leading UK organisation that provides world-leading sample management and high capacity bioprocessing. Due to the high demand of COVID-19 testing, the laboratory capacity and staffing have been significantly expanding, which has resulted in a new number of positions.
Our client is currently looking for an individual with managerial laboratory experience to take responsibilities as Head of Scientific Support and Development, assisting with the development, validation, verification, quality assurance and other scientific support. Additionally, the successful candidate will be working closely with the Operations Managers of Core and Covid Laboratories, Heads of Biomedical Scientists and Technical Services to ensure the efficient operation and development of their outputs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the validation process of all reagents, consumables, instruments and processes used across all labs within the organisation.
- Developing and maintaining all ISO standards in conjunction with the quality management team.
- Leading a team of experienced scientists and technicians to deliver validation & verification, troubleshooting, writing scientific reports and scientific support to other parts of the organisation.
- Liaising with the informatics team to develop data monitoring and statistical models for trend analysis and data monitoring.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring new processes and assays that are in line with the companys business activities.
- Liaising with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Laboratory Director to establish and agree on scientific development.
- Leading and managing the companys scientific research and development work.
- A PhD in Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Virology, Bioinformatics or relevant area
- Experience in Molecular Biology automation.
- Experience in designing, optimising and troubleshooting DNA/RNA extraction & Quantification, PCR, qPCR and other molecular biology processes.
- Experience in working with LIMS platforms.
- Previous experience in Bioinformatics/Biostatistics and developing Statistical models for trend analysis.
If you are looking for an opportunity to enhance your experience, broaden your career horizons and change the future apply today.
Please apply in order to receive the full job description.
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Contact: Georgia Mouzouridou
- Reference: JO-2109-477083
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 28th September 2021
- Expires: 26th October 2021