A global manufacturer of specialty polymers is looking to appoint a project development chemist into the technical team. As a project development chemist, you will play a key role in identifying and evaluating new polymers, additives, and technologies to enhance the client's product portfolio. In addition, support in the development of new products and processes within these new materials applications and technologies.
To be successful you should ideally hold a degree in a scientific discipline, chemistry, materials science, or polymer chemistry and possess project management experience gained within a commercial setting, within a relevant field.
Project Development Chemist Responsibilities:
- To identify and evaluate new polymers, additives, and technologies to enhance product portfolio.
- Develop and validate new products to meet customer requirements.
- Identify new product ideas and opportunities.
- Ensure that all projects are managed in line with the requirements of the development process.
- Develop and validate changes to existing products & ensure that all projects are delivered on time.
- Ensure that all products developed can be manufactured in a capable process.
- Maintain and promote the highest standards of housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Support the continuous improvement of the laboratory and quality of both product and customer service.
Project Development Chemist Requirements:
- Hold a degree in a scientific discipline, chemistry, materials science, or polymer chemistry.
- Possess project management experience gained within a commercial setting, in a relevant industry.
- Have a sound understanding around polymers, polymer development, formulation, and characterisation.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Salary: £25,000-£35,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday + Banks - Pension Scheme - Healthcare plan
Hours: 37.5 (Hours) 8:00-16:45 (45min lunch) 8:00-13:30 Friday
Role: Full-time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7079
- Posted: 27th September 2021
- Expires: 25th October 2021