CK Group are working in partnership with a growing biotechnology company to recruit a talented Research Assistant with expertise in AKTA purification systems and protein characterisation, to join them at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
An exciting opportunity to join a company that is focused on drug discovery and development for protein misfolding diseases. Based in Cambridge, they offer a competitive salary, bonus, pension and health cover.
- Assist in maintaining bacterial strains, designing experiments, and carrying out both molecular and biochemical assays
- Express and purify a number of proteins, peptides and antibodies and be familiar with chromatography techniques (affinity, ion exchange and size exclusion chromatography).
- Active role in the experimental applications of the purified proteins, by characterising structural stability, and performing QC measurements using a variety of biophysical techniques.
- Mentor and coach colleagues with less experience
- BSc and/or MSc in bioscience, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related discipline at a leading academic institution, and/or relevant industry experience
- Research expertise in the topic of protein misfolding and aggregation and experience working with amyloid-forming proteins
- Experience in the recombinant expression, purification and characterisation of proteins and peptides using a biochemical and biophysical techniques
- Experience with AKTA purification systems and protein characterisation using, optical spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE analysis and western blots
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. and please quote reference 51746
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51746
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 27th September 2021
- Expires: 25th October 2021