Senior Scientist - Bioprocessing
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Permanent Position, Based in Central London
Are you a Scientist experienced in working with Pluripotent Stem Cells and/or Bioprocessing techniques?
Would you like to work for an organisation leading the way in ATMP research and development?
My client, based in Central London are at the cutting edge of ATMP research and development, with an exciting portfolio of existing and new projects in their pipeline. Working within their Industrialisation team, the Senior Scientist - Bioprocessing will lead the delivery of key projects for the development of novel cell and gene therapy medicinal products and associated technologies. Collaborating with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams, the successful candidate will lead through direct and matrix management, whilst also utilising their specialist scientific knowledge to drive new business opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable, growing and market leading scientific organisation working within the field of ATMP research and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Scientist - Bioprocessing will include;
- Lead the timely delivery of development and industrialisation ATMP projects, updating key stakeholders throughout.
- Plan, develop and optimise scientific methods and processes, particularly relating to Pluripotent Stem Cells (PSC's) and/or Bioprocessing techniques.
- Provide scientific knowledge and expertise within PSC's, Bioprocessing and/or ATMPs to enable the delivery of robust, scalable, GMP-ready processes.
- Ensure high standards of laboratory practices are maintained in development activities.
- Record, analyse and communicate experimental findings to key internal and external contacts.
- Lead and manage a small team of direct reports, supporting their development and progression, in addition to wider project focused matrix management.
To be considered for the Senior Scientist - Bioprocessing, you will need the following skills and experience;
- PhD/MSc in a relevant scientific subject (Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology etc.) or equivalent working experience.
- Experience working with Bioreactors e.g. Agitated bioreactors, STR bioreactor, tank bioreactor and/or small scale bioreactors.
- Significant experience working with Pluripotent Stem Cells (PSC's).
- Demonstrable experience in relevant analytical techniques (cell counts, flow cytometry, PCR) would be advantageous.
- Experience of scientific leadership or supervision is strongly beneficial.
- Experience of translating static / 2D cell culture processes to agitated systems is highly desirable.
- Experience within Business Development / commercial activities would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues, team members and key stakeholders.
- Strong written skillset in order to prepare documentation, technical scientific reports, and presentations.
Key Words "Senior Scientist, Scientist, Development Scientist, Bioprocessing Scientist, Bioprocessing, Pluripotent Stem Cells, PSC, iPSC, ATMP, Cell & Gene Therapy, Method Development, Method Optimisation, Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, GMP, GLP, GxP, London"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J2162047
- Posted: 23rd September 2021
- Expires: 21st October 2021