QC Chemist required on a temporary basis, based in Manchester. Immediate requirement, needing good wet chemistry and laboratory analytical skills. HPLC experience gained in industry essential
Title: QC Chemist
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Temporary - 3-6 month contract
SRG is working with a brilliant company in Manchester who create and develop speciality chemicals for use in smart materials and other niche products. Their technical team is now looking for a QC Chemist to join the team on a temporary basis for 3-6 months - analysing a range of raw materials and synthesised products using HPLC and standard bench chemistry techniques. With this in mind, we are keen to speak to individuals with industrial experience of using HPLC for analysis of chemicals. This role is available immediately so the successful applicant will need to be able to start immediately or with short notice ideally. You must have a driving licence and your own vehicle.
Benefits: Paid weekly, with 25 days holiday and 8 bank holidays (pro-rata) and 37.5 working hours per week, 8.30am to 4.40pm, Monday - Friday. Full training will be provided and there is good potential for contract extension.
Role / Description
- Following Standard Operating Procedures to conduct QC analysis on lab samples and bought in materials
- Using chemical techniques such as HPLC , IR, titrations, Karl-Fischer analysis, melting point, UV-Vis and colorimetry
- Preparation of chemicals for third party testing or shipment to customers
- Updating and maintaining QC spreadsheets, reporting results and producing Certificates of Analysis
- Travelling to local warehouses and facilities to collect and sample bought-in materials
- Assisting in general lab housekeeping and working safely in line with COSHH and H&S requirements
- Degree in Chemistry or similar (or equivalent/time-served industrial experience)
- Available immediately or with short (1 week's) notice
- Industrial experience of using HPLC for analysis of chemicals
- Maintenance and troubleshooting experience advantageous
- UK Driving Licence and own vehicle
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.comto view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: HPLC, QC, quality control, contract testing, pharmaceutical, chemist, analyst, analytical, analysis, graduate, degree, university, chemistry, chemical, forensic, wet chemistry, laboratory, UV-Vis, titration, Karl Fischer, IR
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2162046
- Updated: 28th September 2021
- Expires: 26th October 2021