We are working with a prestigious school in Surrey who are looking to appoint a Chemistry Graduate into their team. You will work closely with the Chemistry head, assisting with the day-to-day running of the chemistry department. In addition, you will play a key role in preparing equipment and materials for lessons, maintain stock and carry out other administration tasks with the department.
To be successful you should hold a chemistry degree, possess excellent communication skills and have a passion for chemistry.
Chemistry Lab Technician Responsibilities:
- Assemble equipment and prepare chemicals for practical lessons and practical exams as directed by the Head of Chemistry and the other chemistry teaching staff.
- After practicals, remove and wash up all equipment with the safe disposal of waste chemicals.
- Be on hand to assist with supervision during practical lessons and catch-up practical sessions.
- Trial new experiments.
- Synthesis of stock chemicals and preparation of solutions including chemicals.
- Safety during practicals and in the laboratories - accident reports, chemical safety data sheets, risk assessments - in line with CLEAPS.
- Purchase of needed materials and equipment.
- Keep records of orders, invoices, and expenditure in relation to the budgets whilst liaising with the accounts department.
- Maintain the public area noticeboards with topical displays.
- Ensure each lab is stocked with required stationary, models, and teaching aids.
- Control online practical order book - liaise with teachers if there are any clashes.
Chemistry Lab Technician Requirements:
- Hold a Chemistry degree.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should be IT literate with MS office (Word and Excel).
- Demonstrable knowledge of Chemistry, you should be confident working with lab equipment and able to assist with experiments as required.
Salary: £. Competitive
Role: Full-Time, Permanent
Hours: 38 hours per week, 07:45 - 15:45, Monday - Friday (excluding half hour lunch breaks) and may include some Saturday morning work.
Benefits: 5 weeks holiday - Pension Scheme - Free car parking - Free lunch during term time - Use of School Sports Centre & Gym
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7076
- Posted: 22nd September 2021
- Expires: 20th October 2021