Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd. is a rapidly growing specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing pre-clinical laboratory services to support the drug development programmes of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist in the area of Molecular Biology. The successful candidate will have a strong background in molecular biology with expertise in assay development and in vitro testing of therapeutic candidates. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment to develop strategic objectives and to design, execute and interpret studies that meet these predefined objectives. This individual will report to the Bioassay Operations and Study Manager and play an integral part in the strategic and operational execution of drug discovery and early clinical development efforts.
- Work closely with the Scientific team to perform development and screening of RNA Therapeutic candidates using a range of methods including but not limited to DNA / RNA purification and preparation, PCR, plasmid construct design, Cloning and Transfection activities.
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot in vitro molecular biology related assays.
- Conduct in vitro studies that define mechanism of action and establish proof-of-principle for therapeutic candidates.
- Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
- Prepare and present complex scientific information to internal and external stakeholders
- Share and contribute scientific and technical expertise with matrixed team members.
- Clearly analyze and communicate scientific findings in written and verbal form.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and scientific guidelines and industry expectations and contribute to the establishment and delivery of appropriate services within the department.
- Provide expert advice on specific projects to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
- Take a lead on method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
- Taking a lead role in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the client requirements including review of data and production of scientific reports.
- Maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
- Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
- Assist the scientific team in securing relevant accreditations.
- Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
- Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
- Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology (or closely related field) is required
- 5 years post graduate experience, inclusive of a minimum of 3 years industry experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical drug development
- A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of techniques focused around the molecular assessment of nucleic acids including Cell Culture, Western Blotting, DNA and RNA purification and preparation, transfection, qPCR as well as fluorescent and luminescent cell-based assays.
- Strong background in in vitro model development and execution
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, execute, and interpret scientific experiments
- Proven experience working in a diverse and highly matrixed, fast-paced collaborative team environment
- Experience of working with primary human/animal cells is essential
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and multi-tasking is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven experience of presenting complex information to clients.
- Proven skills and experience in designing and trouble-shooting assays
- High level understanding of scientific techniques
- High level of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, pension contribution, flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our Biocity Nottingham office.
To apply, please confirm your status of eligibility to work in the UK and send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com
Related skills: Biology, Cell & Molecular Biology, Life Science, Laboratory, Research
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Employer: Cellomatics BioSciences
Website: Cellomatics BioSciences
- Updated: 22nd September 2021
- Expires: 20th October 2021