Scientist/Senior Scientist - Target Validation
Competitive salary & benefits
SRG Cambridge is delighted to be supporting one of our expanding Biotechnology clients with their search for an experienced Scientist/Senior Scientist to join their Target Validation team. Having developed a next-generation high-throughput screening platform, they continue to successfully identify previously unknown drug sites, allowing these sites to then be targeted with a diverse range of biologic therapeutics. Having built a number of successful partnerships and collaborations, our client has now developed a very exciting pipeline of high-profile drug discovery programmes across a range of therapeutic areas, with the objective to truly expand the number of novel therapeutics available in the future.
Working on both in-house and customer projects, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the validation of novel targets and tracking the mechanism of hits from the target discovery platform. Reporting into the VP of Biology, you will also provide valuable cell biology support to their ongoing drug discovery projects.
- Develop and support a number of disease-relevant cell culture models across a variety of therapeutic focus areas
- Design and execute experiments to validate novel targets using tool compounds, genetic knockdown/genetic editing methodology
- Support and play a key role in the ongoing progression of drug discovery programmes - development of cell-based assays to support validation, biomarker and mechanistic studies
- Conduct regular analysis of experimental data, reporting findings to the wider team and business as required
- Support both the target validation and business wide teams to ensure a collaborative approach at all times
- Provide regular project updates to both your internal colleagues and external collaborators
Ideal candidates will hold a PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant Life Sciences subject, with proven practical experience in target validation study techniques (siRNA, shRNA, CRISPR, tool compounds).
Proven experience of mammalian cell culture, cell and molecular biology techniques (western blot, RT-PCR, ELISA) is also essential.
For the Senior Scientist level position, candidates will be expected to have proven post-doc or industry experience of this techniques, gained within a translationally-focused laboratory setting.
In addition to these essential skills, proven experience of developing assays to asses phenotypic endpoints and/or pathway modulation would be advantageous.
Candidates must also display excellent communication skills and attention to detail and have a genuine drive to further learn and develop new skills in the lab.
To discuss this fantastic opportunity further, please feel free to reach out to me for a confidential discussion - email@example.com / 01223 607853.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161997
- Posted: 22nd September 2021
- Expires: 20th October 2021