An ambitious and dynamic manufacturing company based in Berkshire, that offers a comprehensive range of products and services for food safety and veterinary diagnostics, has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join its business on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate would be CIMA qualified with post qualified commercial experience and happy to work in a SME environment.
The Financial Manager will report to the Finance Director (Netherlands based) and the General Manger (UK based) and will be responsible for a broad range of activities that support the financial effectiveness and excellence of the company. The Finance Manager will oversee the financial activities of two entities. We are seeking a proven leader, strong manager and fast learner that can drive growth, and make process improvements to the existing organization's systems and procedures. Overseeing financial department staff in day-to-day operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own the timely completion of the month-end close, identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process.
- Prepares financial forecasts and budgets.
- Work closely with all functional areas including Production and R&D teams delivering transparent business decisions and maximizing cost efficiency.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies and implement process to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Lead the annual audit process with external auditors, ensuring timely completion.
- Manage cash flow by regularly reviewing and tracking transactions.
- General banking duties to include preparation of payments and input into bank for authorization, Balance sheet and VAT reconciliation, oversee credit control.
- Work with international group companies to improve and enhance their financial reporting processes.
- Report to the Financial Director, business unit leaders and departmental managers with timely and accurate financial information.
- Actively contribute as part of the business unit management team.
- Supervise and manage finance team member.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Prioritization, planning and organizational skills essential.
- Proactive: Self-starter, works autonomously to handle all tasks without the need for supervision.
- Hands-on role - continually seeks additional responsibilities while asking for, and acting on, feedback.
- Proven ability to think analytically, while also possessing exemplary financial and communication skills.
- Experience at operating within a growth-stage business which has involved building and managing accounting teams processes.
- CIMA/ACA with post qualified experience preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Direct experience in financial analytics, strong budgeting and reporting skills is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience in accounting systems essential. Experience in BI applications is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Strong knowledge on ERP Systems. ERP implementation experience is a plus.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: AS011
- Posted: 22nd September 2021
- Expires: 20th October 2021