This opportunity would be ideal for a proactive immunologist with a proven track record in drug discovery project management looking to advance their career by inspiring a growing multidisciplinary group.
The core role of this lab-office crossover manager position will be to oversee the design and execution of studies that realize the potential of the next generation of immunotherapies. This will include the characterization and validation of complex immunological assays through the implementation of ex vivo and in vitro models (e.g. immune cell mono/co-cultures, ex vivo phenotypic analysis, genetic/pharmacological intervention, cell engineering and biomarker analyses of early phase clinical trials).
A background in techniques such as IncuCyte, MACS sorting, 18-flow cytometry, Luminex, Nanostring, ELISpot, qPCR, Lentiviral delivery, high content screening and culture of primary immune cells is essential.
* Post-doctoral or Industry background with extensive management experience and a strong understanding of immunology
* Track record of leading large complex immunology focused drug discovery projects, ideally in the C>, immune-oncology, autoimmunity or inflammation fields.
* Independent scientific leadership experience
* Strong communicator and excellent people skills
* Extensive background in planning and developing people, managing resources and an awareness of finances
* Experience in disseminating scientific discoveries internally and externally
* Ambition to discover novel therapeutics through collaboration
* Well organized and self-motivated to deliver high quality data sets to tight deadlines
* Extensive experience with immune cell isolation and cell culture
* Compliance to protocols and all applicable SOPs
* Experience of guiding scientific strategy
* A clear grasp of the drug discovery process
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161431
- Posted: 21st September 2021
- Expires: 19th October 2021