A sustainable, specialty chemical company who operate within the food sector are looking for a Process Scientist to join its R&D team on a permanent basis. As a Process Scientist you will play a key role in planning and conducting research projects whilst carrying out analysis of chemical and water samples.
In addition, you will also be responsible the development and improvement of products and their practical application.
To be successful you should hold a chemistry related degree and possess previous experience working within a commercial laboratory environment and ideally have some exposure working on process improvement or research projects.
- Plan and conducting experiments at a laboratory and pilot scale.
- Conducting analysis of water and chemical samples.
- Interpretation of analytical data combined with rigorous recording and reporting.
- Gathering and testing samples from trials performed at customer facilities.
- Development of new analytical methods.
- Participate in scale up and optimisation of new products ensuring a smooth transition of technology to field trials.
- Support trials of new products internally or at customer facilities.
- Provide regular project updates on progress to the line manager as required.
- Conduct risk assessments and COSHH assessments for chemicals in the lab.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures especially relating to product development and Health and Safety.
- Hold a chemistry or closely related degree.
- Possess previous experience working within a commercial laboratory environment.
- Ideally have some exposure working on process improvement or research projects.
- Experience gained in a laboratory environment testing water and chemical formulations would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to conduct laboratory experiments and run QC test methods rigorously and reliably.
- Proven understanding of basic laboratory techniques such as titration and chromatography.
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
Benefits: Bonus scheme - Up to 5% matched contributions pension scheme - 25 days annual leave + Banks - Excellent learning and development opportunities in a fast-growing organisation
Role: Full Time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7075
- Posted: 20th September 2021
- Expires: 18th October 2021