Job Title: Plant Research Associate - Herbicide Screening
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 months +
Pay Rate: £11.84 an hour (circa £22,164 per annum)
SRG is working with a global leading agrochemical company based in Bracknell, Berkshire, who are currently seeking a Research Associate to join their Early Profiling Screening (EPS) team within Weed Control Research.
The successful candidate will be required to apply test samples using an automated sprayer, maintain, and assess herbicide bioassays in the glasshouse using established and novel weed screening methods to produce biological data to enable project decisions.
- Work independently and as part of a team while carrying out experimental work using established and novel screening methods
- Interacting with colleagues from other department such as plant production and herbicide chemistry
- Prepare ahead of spraying by selecting test plants, checking compound lists, and setting up glassware and reagents for the bioassay(s)
- Prepare and apply spray solutions, and accurately assess plants for herbicidal symptomology and activity
- Validate and enter biological results into bespoke in-house databases
- Maintain plants under glasshouse conditions for the duration of the test
- Be accountable for work being done with precision, accuracy, and efficiency
- Perform all activities in accordance with the Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy
- Work effectively in a high-throughput team environment
- Identify any issues, non-conformities and report them promptly
- Accurately keep records and databases current
- Good work ethic and works consistently in performing role
- Proactive in identifying problems and assists in solving them
- A BSc in Plant Science, Biological Sciences, Environmental Science, A 'Levels with commercial one or more years' experience in industry - a related agricultural subject would be advantageous.
- Hands on experience working with plants - In a commercial or non-commercial glasshouse environment
- Good knowledge of plant biology; ideally with knowledge of weed control and some agronomy practices.
- Experience of working within the laboratory (academic or commercial)
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office programs and the ability to become proficient in the use of in-house databases.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong quality control and attention to detail
- Passion for learning
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on Irfan.firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160704
- Updated: 11th October 2021
- Expires: 8th November 2021