Job Title: Laboratory Support Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 6 Months + potential to go permanent
Pay Rate: £12.65 an hour (circa £23,680 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading.
They are seeking a lab support technician to undertake a program of chemistry reagent store improvements. Tasks will include RFID tagging of bottles, capturing data and identifying samples for disposal. There may be some additional involvement in long term operational improvement activities.
The successful candidate would have a background in Chemistry with an understanding of classes of chemicals. Good organizational skills are required with a high attention to detail and an ability to work independently. They will be a 'team player' with good communication skills and a working knowledge of IT systems in particular MS Office.
- To provide accurately dispensed neat and solubilised samples for internal customers and external collaborators and agreement partners.
- To ensure the timely delivery of internal customer requests, discussing order requirements with scientists
- To support the logistics team in a variety of housekeeping tasks to support business processes.
- Delivery of chemical reagents and consumables to chemistry labs
- Minimum of a BSc or equivalent within a Chemistry related subject
- Have some experience working within a lab (academically or industrially)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritise your workload
- Good skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong quality control and attention to detail
- Enjoys working within a team
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on Irfan.firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159738
- Posted: 20th September 2021
- Expires: 18th October 2021