We are currently looking for a Histology Senior Scientist to join a growing life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. As the Histology Senior Scientist you will be responsible for performing histology (tissue sectioning, H&E staining) immunohistochemical (IHC) and immunofluorescent (IF) staining assays including multiplex co-localisation assays to support client project delivery.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Histology Senior Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Work with the team to deliver advanced IHC/IF histological protocols on FFPE tissue samples.
2. To perform antibody optimisation assays on Leica Bond staining robots for new targets and perform established multiplex assays as requested.
3. Preparation of standard reagents and equipment maintenance duties as required.
4. Provide slide scanning and image management support as required.
5. Accurate record keeping of all experimental work as appropriate.
6. Strong verbal communication skills, participating in lab discussions. Senior Scientist will have regular client contact, participate in client meetings and project management.
7. Implement quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, developing new or updating SOPs as required.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Histology Senior Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. HND, HND or BSC in Biological Sciences related field.
2. Proven industry experience in basic histology techniques (tissue sectioning, H&E staining) and immunohistochemical (IHC) and immunofluorescent (IF) staining.
3. Good communication skills. Addition client facing or project management experience would be beneficial for the Senior Scientist level.
Key Words: histology, immunology, immunohistochemistry, life sciences
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J562604
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 15th September 2021
- Expires: 13th October 2021