We are currently looking for a Lead Chemist to join a world leading life sciences company based in the Lanarkshire area. The role of Lead Chemist requires skills in both practical and theoretical synthetic organic chemistry. The role is primarily laboratory based, conducting syntheses on existing products, troubleshooting, improving existing procedures and devising and to a lesser extent implementing syntheses of new products. In collaboration with the Chemistry Manager, the Lead chemist will drive improvements to existing procedures with a view to maximizing yields, increasing reproducibility, scaling and reducing manufacturing costs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Lead Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead Chemistry projects from a technical perspectivewhere applicable design new synthetic routes, improve existing routes, conduct syntheses, troubleshoot and optimise problem steps.
2. Liaise with Customer Service and Project Coordinator to provide lead times and updates of customer related projects.
3. Take the lead on troubleshooting chemistry related technical issues.
4. Support the Technical Support Team to provide solutions to customers
5. Provide written reports to includeupdates in terms of timeline, chemistry, budget etc. for distribution to Senior Management and / or customers.
6. Support the Project Coordinator with management of projectstechnical evaluations, kick off, close out meetings etc.
7. Provide technical support to the Chemistry Team to ensure successful completion of all projects e.g. scale up, custom synthesis, PD, contract manufacture, NPD and others as required.
8. Provide technical support to the Chemistry Team where issues arise during the manufacture of catalogue and contract products.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lead Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Chemistry focused discipline, plus extensive knowledge and experience with synthetic organic chemistry, ideally nucleotide and phosphoramidite chemistry experience.
2. You will have experience with purification techniques such ascolumn chromatography, crystallisation, precipitation, distillation, and analysis by TLC, HPLC, LCMS, NMR with respect to small molecules and preferably oligonucleotides.
3. Process Development (PD) including scale up and optimisation and batch manufacture from ?10 g to ? 1 kg.
4. Project management experience, experience of customer interactions and experience supervising and developing less experienced scientists.
Key Words: Lead Chemist | Synthetic Chemistry | organic chemistry |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5635463
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 15th September 2021
- Expires: 13th October 2021