CK Group are recruiting for a Biophysics Senior Scientist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on a contract basis for 12 months.
£22 PAYE or £25 per hour Umbrella
Biophysics Senior Scientist Role:
- Collaborate with biochemical and cellular assay development scientists, protein scientists, structural biologists and chemists to create new E3 ligase ligands and protac molecules
- Provide quantitative biophysical data on protein-ligand binding including affinity, kinetic and stoichiometric data to inform chemistry design and mechanistic understanding
- Develop and run fragment screens providing high quality data to inform design of reversible and covalent leads
- Validate and characterise hits from various screens (HTS, DNA-encoded library, virtual)
- Learn and deploy new biophysical methods
- PhD in biophysics or another relevant discipline
- Experience in biophysical characterization of molecular interactions and mechanistic insights, using methods such as SPR, NMR, ITC, DSF, fluorescence-based, mass spectrometry and single-molecule methods.
- A track record of peer-reviewed publications or patents.
- Experience in drug discovery, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry would be preferred but is not essential.
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
This Biophysics Senior Scientist role will be based at our clients site in Cambridge.
Please quote reference 51663.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Lucy Stendall
- Phone: 01246 457733
- Reference: 51663
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 14th September 2021
- Expires: 12th October 2021