Formulation Chemist required, based in Manchester. Scientific essential, with proven industrial experience of formulating products in a laboratory environment.
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a highly innovative company, based in Manchester, who creating speciality products for a range of markets, including personal care and cosmetics. With the growth of their product range, they are now looking for a Formulation Chemist to join the team and support with formulating skincare and haircare products using a range of the company's active ingredients. It will involve project work, carrying out applications testing of formulations for compatibility and stability. This would be a fantastic opportunity for a degree-qualified individual who has perhaps several years of experience formulating personal care or cosmetic products in an industrial laboratory.
Benefits: Brand new laboratory facilities in a modern working environment, with training and mentoring provided by the Applications & Formulation Lead. Future opportunities to undertake industry-specific qualifications. 37.5 working hours/week, 8.30am to 4.40pm, Mon-Fri. Excellent company pension, discretionary annual bonus and 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Developing formulations for skin and hair care products to promote particular active ingredients to customers
- Undertaking applications testing on formulations, such as compatibility, stability and efficacy testing
- Developing methodologies for testing new formulations or the efficacy of new ingredients
- Generating applications data to contribute to marketing literature for new product launches
- Preparing technical reports for presentation to senior managers
- Solving problems and technical issues with ingredients or end formulations
- Creating demonstration and guide formulations for external exhibitions
- Travelling to represent the company and promote products at exhibitions and conferences
- Supporting the Applications & Formulation Lead with customer technical queries
- Minimum degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or similar
- Proven in formulating products with a range of ingredients - particular experience with personal care or cosmetic products is preferable but not essential
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously
- Genuine interest in the personal care/cosmetics sector
- Able use initiative to solve problems and present new ideas
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: formulation, formulating, formulate, personal care, cosmetics, skin care, hair care, active ingredients, applications, cream, lotion, emollient, shampoo, conditioner, hair treatment, chemistry, cosmetic science, SCS, product development, guide formulation, laboratory, development chemist, R&D
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2161272
- Posted: 14th September 2021
- Expires: 12th October 2021