A rapidly growing, London start-up that has huge exposure in the packaging industry is currently recruiting for a Process Chemist - Scale-Up to join its team. This company has an ambitious mission to 'make packaging disappear' and is responsible for the development of biodegradable materials - applied into packaging to eradicate single-use plastics.
As Process Chemist - Scale-Up, you will lead the development and scale up of new generation coating products whilst having the ability to drive new working relationships with external partners. You will possess an excellent academic profile (BSc minimum) coupled with proven industrial experience scaling up products from lab to full manufacturing.
Process Chemist - Scale-Up responsibilities
- Develop and maintain win-win relationships with external industrial partners and contractors to industrialise the new product on time.
- Manage the scale up of existing manufacturing processes to maximise capacity.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues with partners and identify technical solutions to ensure optimal properties at industrial production scale.
- Lead the technical development of a new product line focussed on coated paper products.
- Manage the planning and organisation of the industrial pilots with new partners and establish a technical route to market.
- Conduct, and document testing techniques for evaluation of new or improved material formulations.
- Work closely with the R&D chemistry, design, business development and engineering teammates.
- Help build QA/QC processes for new product lines.
Process Chemist - Scale-Up requirements
- BSc minimum qualification in a scientific or engineering discipline - Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
- Working knowledge and experience of scale up activities - lab to full scale manufacturing.
- Proven project management experience.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Confident at being hands-on in the lab and excellent self-starter.
In return, there is a huge opportunity to join a disruptive start-up in the packaging industry that is actively leading the way in developing alternative materials to eradicate single-use plastics. The organisation has plans to rapidly expand and expects this role to progress quickly into a senior appointment as the company grows.
£Competitive + Shares + Pension + State of the art facility
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6952
- Updated: 5th October 2021
- Expires: 2nd November 2021