An opportunity has arisen for a Laboratory Technician with experience in cell biology and QC based in the Buckinghamshire area.
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for product manufacturing and assisting in experiments and product design. The candidate will be working in cell biology manufacturing and in also, reagent laboratory dispensing products for sale, and working alongside the Development Scientists on new products.
- Passaging cell lines showing excellent aseptic technique and GLP, including microbiology testing, cell counting, confluence reading.
- You will be responsible for working to ensure that processes are carried out safely, efficiently, and to the laboratory's required standards. This includes creating and reviewing technical documents and SOPs compliant with the Quality management systems standards under ISO13485.
- Dispensing chemical reagents.
- Planning and scheduling manufacturing to ensure customer demand is met.
- Provide guidance to customers on technical matters working with Sales Managers.
- Conduct housekeeping tasks in the laboratories and storage areas, including equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Order manufacturing components using our Management Information System and manage suppliers.
- Propose improvements to the quality management system and assist in writing new documents.
- Conducting COSHH assessments.
- Handling and disposal of biological and chemical waste.
- Collaborate with the wider CML team, and provide mentoring, advice, and guidance on areas of expertise.
- Any other duties as specified by your line manager.
Applicants will have BSc in Biomedical Sciences or related discipline with experience in a laboratory setting ((academic, clinical, or industrial).
- Experience of using a cat 2 biosafety cabinet and aseptic techniques.
- Experience of passaging cell lines including QC.
- Experience of maintaining documents and procedures within laboratory accreditation specifications (ISO13485)
- A comprehensive understanding of health and safety protocols in a lab environment including conducting COSHH assessments and lone working.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills.
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Skills: Laboratory Technician, Cell Biology, Molecular biology, Microbiology, aseptic techniques. QC, COSHH
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: BCK-16
Website: ST Recruitment
- Posted: 13th September 2021
- Expires: 11th October 2021