Analytical Chemist required on a 9 month temporary contract, based in East Yorkshire. Minimum A Level Chemistry, with industry experience of wet chemistry or analytical techniques - ICP, GC, HPLC or LECO experience extremely beneficial. Immediately availability essential.
Title: Analytical Chemist
Location: East Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Temporary - 9 month (minimum) contract
SRG is working with an established company, specialising in the manufacture of chemicals for the horticultural and agricultural industry. They are currently looking for an Analytical Chemist to join the team on an initial 9 month contract to support QC and testing of their raw materials, in process samples and finished products. With regular use of ICP-OES, GC, LECO and some HPLC, this role would be well suited to someone with a background in Chemistry and experience of using one or more of these techniques in an industrial laboratory environment.
Benefits: Immediately available role with full training provided, with potential for extension beyond initial 9 month period. Working hours of 37 hours worked between 8:00-4.30pm Monday to Thursday with an early finish on Fridays (with some flexibility on start and finish times). Occasional paid evening and weekend overtime, with generous compensation.
Role / Description:
- Conducting analysis on a range of solid and liquid raw materials, intermediates and finished products
- Utilising wet chemistry techniques and ICP-OES, GC, HPLC and LECO to ensure samples meet specifications
- Recording all analytical results in appropriate records and logs
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation
- General lab housekeeping and cleaning.
- Minimum A Level in Chemistry, degree qualification preferred
- Previous industrial laboratory experience of ICP, GC, HPLC or LECO analysis
- Flexibility to work out of hours
- Driving licence and own transport
- Available immediately or with short notice
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218 If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, analyst, analytical, analysis, chemist, wet chemistry, ICP, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, GC, gas chromatography, HPLC, LECO, contract testing, laboratory, quality, chemical
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161886
- Posted: 9th September 2021
- Expires: 7th October 2021