Quality Lead required, based in Manchester. Requiring a scientific degree and proven experience in managing or maintaining QA and/or QC in chemical or pharmaceutical development/manufacturing.
Title: Quality Lead
Competitive Annual Salary (experience dependent)
SRG is working with a highly innovative company who develop speciality products for a range of markets, including cosmetics and smart materials. With a focus on strengthening quality, they are now looking for a Quality Lead to join the team. This person will manage a small QC team at their lab in Manchester, support the implementation and management of a QMS and coordinate with internal stakeholders in the UK and India to ensure the maintenance of quality from supply chain to final production. This role will also be the key quality contact for customers and have overall responsibility for the quality of materials. It would be an ideal role for a degree-qualified individual who has QC experience and has perhaps transitioned into quality assurance in recent years. A proven track record of implementing or maintaining ISO 9001 would be preferable.
Benefits: Reporting to the CEO as part of the senior team, you will be a crucial part of building a robust quality system in a successful business with a global presence. 37.5 working hours/week, 8.30am - 4.40pm, Mon-Fri. Excellent company pension, discretionary annual performance-related bonus & 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. Some international travel may be required (~4x per year).
Role / Description
- Managing and mentoring a team of 2 QC Chemists, assigning daily work and long term projects
- Overseeing reporting of results and create monthly reports for the QC department
- Ensuring specifications, methods, equipment, SOPs and COSHH documentation are fit for purpose
- Supporting analytical method development and method transfer to QC team in India
- With support from an external consultant, implementing a Quality Management System in line with ISO 9001
- Management and maintenance of quality standards in the lab to ISO 9001
- Building Root Cause Analysis and CAPAs into the QC process to investigate and resolve quality issues and non-conformances
- Conducting internal audits and hosting external audits for ISO 9001
- Liaising closely with QC for manufacturing in India on quality issues and specifications
- Communicating with senior management and departments across the business regarding quality matters, new project and products and future planning
- Liaising with supply chain and third party manufacturers on quality issues
- Managing customer complaints via direct contact (phone, email, face-to-face)
- Degree-qualified in a scientific subject or equivalent experience as a quality professional
- Proven experience of quality assurance activities in the chemical industry
- Experience in implementing, managing or auditing an ISO 9001 quality standards
- Leadership or people management/supervisory experience
- Able to demonstrate understanding of analytical techniques, QC processes and documentation
- Excellent time and task management skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Faye Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, QA, quality control, quality assurance, quality, QMS, supervision, chemistry, laboratory, chemicals, speciality, fine, personal care, cosmetics, FMCG, pharmaceutical, RCA, CAPA, ISO, 9001, quality management system, team leader, manager
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2161720
- Updated: 9th September 2021
- Expires: 7th October 2021